Are you one of those people that have a hard time remembering your password?
- Always use the same password so you don't forget it?
- Use a password that is easy to guess like birthdates, children names, spouse names, or pets?
- Think because you add a number 1 after the password it becomes safer?
Think again... You would be surprised how easy it is to guess your password.
If you are serious about the security of your web site and e-mail.... Make sure your password is difficult to guess.
(I know many of you will resist a totally random password with upper case, lower case, and numerical digits because it's very hard to remember so here are some tips that are more reasonable)
- Use a random word in a document or book, then type it backwards or add random numbers to the word.
- If you insist on using a name -- use names of people that are NOT close to you. People that you met only once but can remember.
- Use punctuation in your password
- Use different passwords for different types of logins. Use harder passwords for your banking, etc. (some banks enforce harder passwords and changing it often)
- Change your password once per month
Ideally you should use a random password generator like this http://www.pctools.com/guides/password/ to generate a properly mixed and random password.
Hope this friendly reminder helps keep your important data secure!
P.S. If you would like to provided LIMITED access to your Website Forge account, please contact support and ask for "Sub Accounts" so that you can provide limited access to your team members or service providers.
Web site design and e-commerce
******* IMPORTANT WEBSITE FORGE UPDATES ********
- Looking for fresh testimonials for our new site so please email email@example.com with your testimonials and we may post them on our web site
- Our new Website Forge Community Forum is online. Make sure you join today! Share and Learn from other Website Forge users! CLICK HERE to visit the www.websiteforge.com/forum
- Weekly Teleclasses are available for your further education! Visit http://support.websiteforge.com/113.html to signup for your FREE teleclasses.
P.S.S. I have added every Website Forge user to this BLOG. We send important upgrade and system notifications via this BLOG. If you want to login to change your settings to be removed from the BLOG emails use the same username/password you use for your websiteforge.com login.