I often hear "I don't want a template" or "Template web sites suck!". While many templated based web site products do, in fact, "suck".. The quality has nothing to do with the fact the site uses a "Template".
Think about this for a second. Do you think Amazon.com maintains millions of web pages manually? Do you visualize a team of programmers editing every single page one-by-one? No, not only would this be nearly impossible.. But people make mistakes!
Let me explain.. Large web sites like Amazon.com and many other sites are largely template based. This usually means the header, buttons, and footer is somewhat fixed. Also there are generally different layout types for an "editor" to choose from. This way the person maintaining the web site ONLY has to worry about the content itself. They don't worry about layout, browser compatibility, broken images, and more!
These sites use a template driven system to reduce cost, improve reliability, and provide fresh content on an as-needed basis without hiring a team of full time developers. The development is during the design process. They established what page types they would use.. NOT what would specifically be on each page. Once the developers created the framework AND the templates.. Standard every day people maintain the web sites.
Why are people so down on templates? Because there are so many super cheap web site builders that provide poor templates with flat ugly design and only a few features. There are reasons they are not very flexible or attractive. First, these companies save money hoping you don't call for support. E-mail based support is much cheaper than phone support. If they keep the product simple, then you shouldn't have too many questions. Second, if they don't charge much money then the company can not spend much in upgrades or improvements.
What a GOOD template based system can provide
Ok, I am certainly promoting our Website Forge product in this paragraph. I have to. It's the ONLY system out there that provides the ability to apply HIGH QUALITY designs to a very powerful template based system that can be use for true commercial web site applications. It is also easily upgraded when needed. The concept is to reduce the cost on the most commonly used functions of most web sites and save our customers money. Then you, the customer can pay for custom programming ONLY when necessary. This saves you money and reduces testing and debugging. Remember, we have hundreds of customers using the Website Forge system. This means it is solid, and tested. It makes no sense to have shopping carts re-written custom over and voer again. It will always result in debugging and constant modifications. Instead we constantly add new features to the Website Forge system and provide these tested features for FREE.
Here are some of the features that make the Website Forge system a good fit for nearly any business:
- You can apply a custom graphic design to the Website Forge system. Unique looking designs. CLICK FOR SAMPLES
- The E-commerce system is very flexible and adaptive. It will handle anything including online payments, subscription features, downloadable products, clothing, hardware, software, or all of the products combined.
- You can benefit from the newsletter option, coupons, gift certificates, wishlists, and more. New features are added each month
- You can and an unlimited number of text, images, products and links.
- You can have image based modifiers to products. Show the shirt in all 4 colors... Display fabric patterns.. Etc.
- You can attach multimedia like videos and flash presentations attached to your pages.
- You can have drop-down cascading menus.. NOT just simple buttons. Our designs don't look like templates. They look like professional web sites.
- We have real-time credit card processing, pay-pal and more. The security certificate is included. This saves you nearly $400.00.
- You can create flexible navigation with drop downs within your pages as well as links to/from any product.
- We provide real-time shipping calculations and taxing.
- I can go on and on.
Here are a few sites that are based on the Website Forge system:
You get what you pay for when it comes to template based systems
Just keep in mind. Website Forge spent hundred of thousands of dollars perfecting this system. Dozens of upgrades happen each month free of charge. We listen to the people that matter... Our customer base.. And we continue to improve every day. So don't let the term "Template" scare you. Without them many large web based businesses could not exist.